Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Understanding Enables Us to Rise Above




Something tragic happened in our people’s history, something happened to our grandparents, to our great grandparents. Something shameful, violent, and traumatizing. It was so shameful that no one dared talked about it because it would bring up all those old memories and hurtful feelings of shame, anger, sadness, guilt and fear. So they learned to “stuff those old feelings” but those feelings would show up in our behaviour, in our words, in our actions toward one another.
It affected every fiber of our communities. The way we treated each other, the way we taught our kids, the way we governed ourselves and most importantly the way we saw life. We learned how to be distrustful, to be dependant, to be powerless, to be angry.

It is still alive in our communities, yet it has been so long that we have lived like this that we think “it’s just normal”. A lot of us were born into this life so we think “that’s just the way it is”.
People aren’t aware of it, once we are aware of where the dysfunction came from then we can make a choice, a choice of whether we want to continue to keep passing these behaviours down to our children or to stop it and create more healthy ones for them.

"Understanding enables us to rise above the issue and take control of our future" - Louise Hay




1 comment:

  1. Hello to you all on this site it brings me so much joy and happiness today so i decided to share my happiness and testimony to you all,my name is Dalisay Rosamie am from the Philiphine but based in the New York am 52 years old i am married to Mr Cranor he is north America we have 3 grown up children and grandchildren,2 years ago my husband said he needs a divorce that he is no longer interested in the marriage that was how my husband left me with the children and moved to another state with his new girlfriend, i traveled with a friend to visit his husband for Christmas celebration getting there i came across a powerful spell caster who help people to fix their broken marriage and relationship and get ex lover back,the spell caster is called DOCTOR IKHIDE he is very powerful he cast a spell for me and he said to me that i should return to my country my husband is waiting for me at home,when i came back to New York i meant my husband with the children waiting for my arrival my husband apologize to me and we are happily married now am very happy i will never forget this powerful spell caster,if you also need his help contact him now with this email: dr.ikhide@gmail.com or whatsapp :- +2349058825081















    Hello to you all on this site it brings me so much joy and happiness today so i decided to share my happiness and testimony to you all,my name is Dalisay Rosamie am from the Philiphine but based in the New York am 52 years old i am married to Mr Cranor he is north America we have 3 grown up children and grandchildren,2 years ago my husband said he needs a divorce that he is no longer interested in the marriage that was how my husband left me with the children and moved to another state with his new girlfriend, i traveled with a friend to visit his husband for Christmas celebration getting there i came across a powerful spell caster who help people to fix their broken marriage and relationship and get ex lover back,the spell caster is called DOCTOR IKHIDE he is very powerful he cast a spell for me and he said to me that i should return to my country my husband is waiting for me at home,when i came back to New York i meant my husband with the children waiting for my arrival my husband apologize to me and we are happily married now am very happy i will never forget this powerful spell caster,if you also need his help contact him now with this email: dr.ikhide@gmail.com or whatsapp :- +2349058825081


    ReplyDelete